Top technology executives speaking at the 2018 San Diego Technology Executive Leadership Summit will include Carol Fawcett, Corporate VP & CIO, Golden State Foods; Ryan Fay, Global CIO, ACI Specialty Benefits; Mary Gendron, SVP & CIO, Qualcomm; Steve Phillpott, CIO, Western Digital Corporation; and Ken Venner, Former CIO, Space Exploration Technologies.
San Diego, CA – October 26, 2018 – In today’s fast-moving business climate, speed wins. Speed to innovation. Speed to market. Speed to value. CIOs and technology executives play a critical role in helping the executive team and board to identify and execute opportunities for improving the responsiveness and agility of the business. The dynamic mindset and leadership skills required by technology executives to accelerate the business into the future will be focus of the discussion at the upcoming 2018 San Diego Technology Executive Leadership Summit, produced by HMG Strategy, to be held on November 14, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine in San Diego, CA.
“While technology is driving the gears in today’s businesses, CIOs and technology executives also must think differently to help their companies to innovate, move faster, and get ahead of the competition,” said Hunter Muller, HMG Strategy’s President & CEO. “Forward-looking technology leaders are cultivating a culture of genius within their organizations to inspire and incent their teams to think more innovatively and to identify and communicate opportunities to transform the business.”
The San Diego Technology Executive Leadership Summit will kick-off with an executive interview between Dan Roberts, President & CEO, Ouellette & Associates with Mary Gendron, SVP & CIO at Qualcomm. Mary Gendron will share how Qualcomm sustains a culture of innovation along with her approach towards inspiring and motivating her teams.
Other scintillating sessions will include an executive panel that will explore emerging technologies that can be used to improve speed to market and deliver a competitive edge; an executive keynote by Scott Anderson, VP, Global Cloud Advisory, Chief Technologist, Digital Transformation at Hewlett Packard Enterprise; a panel of top search and industry executives who will share the key attributes and leadership capabilities that make some technology executives more successful than others; presentation of the SIM San Diego Scholarship Awards by Paul Peabody, VP & CIO, Bronson Healthcare Group with Todd Gloria, California State Assembly Member, 78th Assembly District; a set of interactive roundtable workgroup discussions where all attendees can participate in sharing successful approaches and challenges for utilizing technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, cloud, and digital disruption as well as career and leadership strategies along with the career trajectory for CIOs to entrepreneur; a panel of leading information security executives who will explore effective approaches for striking a balance between agility, innovation and security; and an executive panel of top-tier CIOs and technology executives who will share their roles in leading customer-centric strategies.
Prominent speakers at the San Diego Summit will include:
- Emilio Escobar, Head of Information Security, Hulu
- Todd Friedman, CISO, ResMed
- Eric Robinson, Global VP & General Manager, SAP Services, Rimini Street
- Scott Skellenger, CTO, NAVICAN
- Jane Wiltshire, Senior Director, Business Technology, Pfizer, Inc.
Presenting Partners at the San Diego Summit include Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Platinum Partners include Avasant, Datalink, Rimini Street, ServiceNow and Trace3. Gold Partners include ExaGrid/Zerto, Forcepoint, Nth Generation, Pure Storage and Sumo Logic. Supporting Partners include Workday. Local Partners include Commvault, IGEL, Ivanti, and Mist. The Digital Partner of the Year is Adobe. The Digital Cybersecurity Partner of the Year is SecurityScorecard. Strategic Partners include Egon Zehnder, Heidrick & Struggles, Korn Ferry, Russell Reynolds Associates, and Spencer Stuart. Alliance Partners include Amplify Partners, Glynn Capital, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Sequoia. Association Partners include SIM San Diego.
To visit the San Diego Technology Executive Leadership Summit website and register for the event, click here.
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy is the world's largest independent and most trusted provider of executive networking events and thought leadership to support the 360-degree needs of technology leaders. Our regional CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Series, newsletters, authored books, and digital Resource Center deliver proprietary research on leadership, innovation, transformation, and career ascent.
The HMG Strategy global network consists of over 300,000 senior IT executives, industry experts and world-class thought leaders.
There are 6 primary components to HMG Strategy’s unique business model:
- HMG Strategy’s Thought Leadership and Digital Research Platform is unlike any other in the industry, providing technology executives with unparalleled peer-driven insights and practical advice on the leadership, innovation, and transformation strategies needed to succeed in business today and tomorrow.
- HMG Strategy’s Media Model provides technology executives with fresh perspectives on the top business, leadership and customer trends that are defining the industry today and tomorrow. Our vast collection of research articles, videos, blog posts, white papers, and research reports generate more than 1 million impressions per week.
- HMG Strategy’s Research Advisory Services embrace the ‘No Analyst’ model, delivering peer-led, forward-looking insights and trends to watch to both Fortune 2000 technology executives and industry partners. HMG Strategy’s exclusive CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Alliance (CELA) program provides top-tier technology executives with unparalleled peer-to-peer off-the-record straight talk to strengthen their decision-making capabilities and accelerate their career ascent. The CELA program is complemented by the CELA Executive Decision Support services (EDS) which connects enterprise technology executives with their contemporaries who are able to offer their expertise, practical experience, and insights in disciplines ranging from effective C-suite communication strategies to crafting successful 1-3-5-year technology roadmaps. These service offerings are complemented by HMG Strategy’s CIO Bootcamp, a hands-on IT leadership development program for rising VPs and IT Directors who receive 1-to-1 expert coaching, practical webinars and custom research focused on enhancing skill sets and harnessing innovative leadership capabilities.
- HMG Strategy’s Executive Leadership Summits provide unparalleled networking between top-tier technology executives with leading search executives, executives at enterprise technology companies and leading venture capitalists to nurture fruitful relationships.
- HMG Strategy is a career accelerator for technology leaders, inspiring tech executives to lead, recruit and retain tech talent while powering their own career trajectories.
- HMG’s Next Ventures business enables HMG Strategy to invest side-by-side with leading VCs such as Blumberg Capital, Greylock Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners, connecting members of the HMG community with cutting-edge tech startups that deliver real business value.
The HMG Strategy CIO Executive Leadership Series offers a completely unique experience for IT executives to gain the latest insights and best practices for driving increased business value through the use of IT, and build invaluable relationships with peers and industry experts. The HMG Strategy CISO Executive Leadership Series is designed to provide information security leaders with the insights and best practices they need to tackle the most pressing cyber security challenges facing the enterprise today and going forward.
Additionally, our partnerships with the world's leading search firms provide vital insights into the evolving roles of the CIO and CISO.
For more information on joining the strongest executive leadership network and exploring our independent, forward-thinking thought leadership platform, please visit www.hmgstrategy.com.