Top technology executives speaking at the 2019 Washington, D.C. CIO Executive Leadership Summit will include Dale Danilewitz, EVP & CIO, AmerisourceBergen Corporation; Amy Doherty, SVP & CIO, American Association of Retired Persons (AARP); Shamim Mohammad, SVP, CIO & CTO, CarMax; Kimberly Stevenson, Venture Partner, RIDGE-LANE Limited Partners; and James Turgal, Managing Director, Cyber Risk Services, Deloitte Global.
Washington, D.C. – April 11, 2019 – As companies today seek to deliver customer-centric business models and boost competitive advantage, they are turning to advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Big Data, analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain and cloud computing. At the center of these business transformations are forward-thinking CIOs and technology executives, who must forge partnerships with the C-suite and board of directors in order to drive their digital roadmaps. These topics—and more—will form the basis of discussion at the 2019 Washington, D.C. CIO Executive Leadership Summit, produced by HMG Strategy, taking place at the W Washington, D.C.
To learn more about the Washington, D.C. CIO Summit and register for the event, click here.
“The future state of digital transformation lies in the hands of CIOs and technology executives,” said Hunter Muller, HMG Strategy’s President and CEO. “To help their companies better meet the needs of customers and edge out the competition, these executives must ally with the CEO of board of directors to effectively drive product, service and business innovation.”
The Washington, D.C. CIO Summit will open with an HMG Lead-Innovate-Disrupt Tech Talk featuring Amy Doherty, SVP & CIO at AARP. This session will be followed by an HMG Lead-Innovate-Disrupt Tech Talk from HMG Presenting Partner UiPath.
Other noteworthy sessions will include:
- An executive briefing by Julia Anderson, Global CIO at Smithfield, who will discuss her company’s journey to digital transformation using blockchain, IoT, analytics and AI
- A panel of tier-one technology executives who will put forth use cases for advanced technologies such as AI, machine learning, data analytics and IoT—and how they are enabling competitive advantage and speeding time to market
- Luncheon updates featuring news from SIM Capital Area
- The presentation of HMG Strategy’s 2019 Technology Executives to Watch Awards to Dale Danilewitz, EVP & CIO, AmerisourceBergen and Kimberly Stevenson, Venture Partner at RIDGE-LANE Limited Partners
- A panel of high-level search experts, including Renee Arrington, Senior Vice President at Pearson Partners International and Mark Polansky, Senior Partner, CIO/IT Officers Practice at Korn Ferry, who will offer advice for technology leaders wishing to develop their personal brand, attract top talent and become boardroom-ready
- A panel of top technology leaders who will share what it takes to prepare for and land highly sought-after board positions—as well as the skills to be effective in them
- A panel of security experts, including John Brady, SVP, CyberSecurity/CISO, Finra, Israel Martinez, Chairman and CEO, Axon Global, James Turgal, Managing Director, Cyber Risk Services, Deloitte Global and John Iannarelli, Former FBI Special Agent and Senior Executive Advisor, FBI who will deliver straight talk around mitigation strategies and advanced threat protection approaches that help position organizations for agility and innovation
- A panel of leading technology executives such as Dale Danilewitz, EVP & CIO, AmerisourceBergen and Prabhash Shrestha, SVP & Chief Digital Strategy Officer, ICBA will discuss the steps that they and other industry innovators are taking to align with CEOs and boards to drive digital strategies and foster a customer-centric culture.
The Presenting Partner at the Washington, D.C. CIO Summit will be UiPath. The Platinum Partner is Avasant. Gold Partners include Equinix, Inc., Info-Tech Research Group, Sumo Logic and Zerto. The Supporting Partner is Secure-24, an NTT Communications Company. The Digital Partner of the Year is Adobe. The Digital Cybersecurity Partner of the Year is SecurityScorecard. Strategic Partners include Egon Zehnder, Heidrick & Struggles, Korn Ferry, Russell Reynolds Associates and Spencer Stuart. Alliance Partners include Amplify Partners, Glynn Capital, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia. HMG’s association partner is The Society for Information Management (SIM).
To visit the Washington, D.C. CIO Summit website and register for the event, click here.
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy is the world's largest independent and most trusted provider of executive networking events and thought leadership to support the 360 degree needs of technology leaders. Our regional CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Series, newsletters, authored books, and digital Resource Center deliver proprietary research on leadership, innovation, transformation, and career ascent.
The HMG Strategy global network consists of over 400,000 senior IT executives, industry experts and world-class thought leaders.
To learn more about the 7 Pillars of Trust to HMG Strategy’s unique business model, click here.