Top technology executives speaking at the 2019 San Diego CIO Executive Leadership Summit include Colin Black, COO, CrowdStrike; Glenn Coles, GM and CIO, Yamaha Motor Corporation; Tony Costa, SVP and CIO, Bumble Bee Foods; Karen Gibson, SVP, Business Transformation, Quidel; Drew Martin, VP and CIO, Jack in the Box; Tom Peck, EVP, Chief Information and Digital Officer, Ingram Micro; and Steve Phillpott, CIO, Western Digital Corporation
San Diego, CA – September 25, 2019 – In today’s shifting economic and geopolitical landscape, enterprises must be willing to disrupt their existing business models—or find themselves disrupted by the competition. As innovation and new market entrants raise the bar across all industries, customer experience has emerged as the single most influential factor in determining success. CIOs play a pivotal part in enriching customer engagement by deploying advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT) and data analytics to forge customer-focused business models. To effect tangible change, IT executives must exhibit powerful leadership, progressive thinking, and the ability to partner productively with C-suite and board of directors.
Such topics will drive the conversation at the 2019 San Diego Technology Executive Leadership Summit, produced by HMG Strategy and taking place on November 5, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine.
To learn more about the San Diego Summit and register for the event, click here.
“CIOs today must be pioneers,” said Hunter Muller, President and CEO of HMG Strategy. “IT leaders have evolved far beyond ‘order takers’ and are fusing emerging technologies, process renovation, and a collaborative spirit to drive concrete business value and create competitive advantage for their companies.”
The San Diego Summit will open with two HMG Lead, Innovate, Disrupt Tech Talks, first from a UiPath executive, followed by Nicole Eagan, CEO of Darktrace, who will discuss how enterprises should embrace AI defenses to combat cyber-criminals who are, in turn, employing the same technology in their attacks.
Other noteworthy sessions will include:
- An HMG Lead, Innovate, Disrupt Tech Talk from Harry Moseley, CIO of Zoom, who will explore the future of work, communications and collaboration, and explain how his company’s culture of trust, caring and focus on customer happiness ultimately helps drive innovation and speed
- A panel of leading IT executives who will share use cases for leveraging advanced technologies such as AI, machine learning, data analytics and IoT to boost agility and operational efficiencies, accelerate time to market and sharpen their competitive edge
- An executive briefing from Ben Martin, Executive Director and General Manager, Lenovo DCG Professional Services and Xaas
- Presentation of SIM San Diego Scholarship Awards
- A team of top technology search executives who will share critical insights into how IT leaders can successfully build their brands as thought leaders, talent magnets and attractive board members, ultimately boosting their career trajectory
- A panel of IT luminaries who will detail how they are working with senior leadership to adapt their organizations’ business strategies and lay the groundwork for future success in the face of a fluctuating geopolitical landscape
- A group of security experts who will explore the realities of encouraging business agility and innovation while effectively employing mitigation strategies and threat protection approaches
- A team of established IT leaders and board members who will outline what it takes for CIOs to become boardroom-ready, how to land a board position along with the skills that are needed to be effective in a board role
Presenting Partners at the San Diego Technology Executive Summit will be Darktrace, Lenovo, UiPath and Zoom. Platinum Partners will be Nutanix and Rimini Street. Gold Partners will include OutSystems, Pure Storage and Zerto. The Supporting Partner will be Ivanti. Strategic Partners will include Egon Zehnder, Heidrick & Struggles, Korn Ferry and Spencer Stuart. Alliance Partners will be Amplify Partners, Glynn Capital, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia. The Association Partner will be SIM San Diego.
To visit the San Diego Summit website and register for the event, click here.
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy is the world's largest independent and most trusted provider of executive networking events and thought leadership to support the 360 degree needs of technology leaders. Our regional CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Series, newsletters, authored books, and digital Resource Center deliver proprietary research on leadership, innovation, transformation, and career ascent.
The HMG Strategy global network consists of over 400,000 senior IT executives, industry experts and world-class thought leaders.
To learn more about the 7 Pillars of Trust to HMG Strategy’s unique business model, click here.