As 2018 draws to a close, we can be thankful for the continuing prosperity created by innovative technologies driving our expanding global economy. Fueled by a truly amazing combination of talent, leadership and access to capital, we are experiencing a unique moment in human history.
Now is the best time to be a transformational technology leader. We face challenges, but we also have unprecedented opportunities for leading and facilitating innovation, disruption and growth in core, parallel and new markets.
I predict the technology industry will continue to prosper and grow. Today, everyone is a technology consumer and that trend shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, every reliable indication points upwards. Reputable sources estimate that global IT spending will reach $3.8 trillion in 2019, a gain of more than 3 percent over this year. IDC anticipates $7 trillion in IT-related spending in the 2019-2022 timeframe.
At HMG Strategy, our 2019 Leadership and Technology Research Agenda is designed to help CIOs and technology executives lead, reimagine and reinvent the future state enterprise. Our unique 2019 Leadership Research Agenda provides exceptionally high-value insights in critical areas including:
Our 2019 Technology Research Agenda includes:
HMG Strategy’s distinctive research model represents one of the company’s Six Pillars of Trust:
- HMG Strategy’s Thought Leadership Research Agenda and Digital Research Platform provide tech executives with unparalleled peer-to-peer insights.
- HMG Strategy’s Unique Media Model, providing 1 million weekly impressions, delivers fresh perspectives on the top business, leadership and customer trends.
- Research Advisory Services Embrace the ‘No Analyst’ Model, delivering peer-driven, forward-looking insights to Fortune 2000 tech executives.
- Executive Leadership Summit Series, which provides unparalleled networking between top-tier technology executives and search executives.
- Delivering a Career Accelerator that inspires technology executives to lead, recruit and retain top tech talent while powering their career trajectories.
- HMG Next Ventures Partners side-by-side with leading venture capitalists, connecting members of the HMG community with leading enterprise startups.
Technology is more than just another economic sector – it’s an absolutely essential driver of the global economy. Yes, some have pointed to a slowdown in the global economy, but I predict the slowdown will be temporary. The long-term growth of the global economy has only just begun, and it’s got decades to go before it stops growing. The long-term scenario remains highly promising. Tech stocks will continue to gain value, because consumers will continue to use technology.
We’re still in the early innings of the era of technology-driven transformation. Remember, there are huge parts of the world in which tech is only beginning to gain a foothold. Think of the amount of tech we’re using today, and then imagine that amount quadrupling.
Decades from now, our grandchildren and great-grandchildren will look back at 2019 and shake their heads. They will ask how we managed to exist with such primitive technologies. The thought of those future generations makes me smile, because I know the technologies of today are laying the foundation for the technologies of tomorrow.
I am not worried about the future - I am optimistic. Technology might not be a panacea, but it is definitely helping us create a better world. I’m looking forward to the future, and I hope you are too.