Mamatha Chamarthi was formerly Chief Information Officer, FCA - North America and Asia Pacific effective April 2019. In this position, Chamarthi oversees all information technology applications and infrastructure in support of business units located in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Asia Pacific.
Previously, Chamarthi was Senior Vice President & Chief Digital Officer for ZF Friedrichshafen AG since 2014. In this position, she was responsible for the Company’s full range of digital strategies and for driving change across the organization, including establishing a global footprint to create a talent ecosystem that will close the technology gap for ZF to be a leader in autonomous driving.
Her work and academic background includes:
- 2019 - current, Chief Information Officer, FCA - North America and Asia Pacific
- 2014 - 2019, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer / Chief Digital Officer / Head of India Technology Center, ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- 2010 - 2013, Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Consumers Energy / CMS Energy
- 2006 - 2010, Daimler Financial Services
- 2007, Director, Point of Sale Systems
- 2006, Manager, Point of Sale Systems
- 1998 - 2006, Chrysler LLC, DaimlerChrysler
- 2003, Manager, Volume Planning Systems
- 2000, Manager, Global E-Business Strategy & Application Development
- 1998, Project Manager, Post-Merger Technology Integration
- 1996 - 1998, Senior Consultant, Chrysler Corporation, World Class Technology, Inc.
- 1993 - 1995, Market Research Analyst, Kalki Group
Chamarthi is a Gartner Research Board and Enterprise 50 member. She has also been recognized as a “Top 25 Finalist for Breakthrough Leaders” by CIO magazine, a “Premier 100 IT Leader” by Computerworld and a “Technology All-Star” by the Women of Color in Technology Institute.
Chamarthi holds a Master of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University (2008), a Master of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering from Oakland University (2003), a Masters Certificate in Project Management from the George Washington University (2002), a Master of Business Administration from SV University (1995) and a Master of Arts in English from Osmania University (1990).
Chamarthi was born in Hyderabad, India.