Your cart is currently empty!
Tech News Digest
I read a fabulous article by Theron Mohamed in Markets Insider this weekend, and I want to share the highlights with you. Theron is a senior reporter who mostly covers Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway, but he also writes about tech, media, markets and the broader investment industry.
- Wood believes that Tesla will follow Apple’s path to dominance in its industry, and that Tesla stock is incredibly undervalued.
- She foresees the economy on the cusp of “tremendous disintermediation and disruption. We see the energy sector, financial services, any industry touching the internal combustion engine and its suppliers … in harm’s way.”
- Wood sees too much emphasis on “execution” and not enough attention focused on R&D.
- She predicts that China’s attempts to rein in its largest companies will backfire and discourage future innovation.
- She thinks that financial services have missed the larger picture around cryptocurrencies and how they are revolutionizing internet commerce.
I genuinely believe that Cathie has articulated and described the challenges and opportunities facing us in this next chapter of economic evolution. Her perceptions and predictions are definitely worth considering as you plan your investment strategies for the next 18-24 months. I don’t think it’s an understatement or exaggeration to say that we’re on the cusp of a huge shift in the economy, and it seems clear that tech will play a major role in defining the next stage of economic growth.
At HMG Strategy, our goal is preparing you for the unlimited future. Everything we do here supports our fundamental mission of helping you accelerate your career ascent. Our truly unique and powerful platform enables you to acquire knowledge from the top-tier thought leaders and practitioners, to meet and mingle with your peers, and to hear the latest news about the newest technologies from trusted sources.
HMG Strategy is the world’s largest independent global platform for technology leaders, with a growing network of over 400,000 technology executives. Our global, social and digital platform has expanded significantly, and we welcome you to visit the HMG Strategy Resource Center to learn directly from the most innovative leaders of our time. As we continue to grow, we have launched unique executive services that include HMG Ventures, HMG CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Alliance (CELA), Executive Decision Support (EDS) CELA, and HMG Adventures.